Posted by Deliverator on March 22nd, 2005
Rocks my socks –
- Drove to Ashland, Oregon with my father. We went and saw the Spruce Goose at its new home, the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville on the way down. It was quite impressed by it and some of the museums other exhibits.
- Had several meals at my favorite restaurant in Ashland, The Black Sheep. They have a wide selection of authentic British fare. Their fish and chips are great and their bread pudding is the best I have ever had.
- Bought a bunch of books at some of Ashland’s used book stores. Some noteables include American Pastoral by Philip Roth and Smoke and Mirrors and the The Wake both by Neil Gaiman.
- Saw three plays. We managed to get rush/fire sale prices on most of the tickets, so it wasn’t too expensive.
- Went to Crater Lake
Not Soo Much –
- Crater Lake was under near white-out conditions, despite having only 1/4 as much snow as they average on the ground at this time of year. As a result, we didn’t see much.
- Scott was supposed to fly into the nearby town of Medford early Saturday morning (1:30 am). The airline he was flying, America West, was sooo incompetent that they forgot to reserve a plane for the flight. He ended up getting in around 4 am as a result.